sleepy inside the raindrop very much a universe all it’s own.
25 things about me.
1. I would rather be a dolphin or a whale.
2. I would like to take a road trip in outer space.
3. My first car was a 1955 green Cadillac my grandfather gave to me.
4. My second car was a 1967 blue Electra 225 my grandfather gave to me.
5. My third car was a 1977 white Volkswagon Rabbit.
4. Then a Honda Accord briefly in 1987
5. Then a white Mazda RX-7 for a few years.
6. I love driving cross country.
7. I really enjoyed seeing CarHenge in Alliance, Nebraska.
8. I really enjoyed the OZ Museum in Wamego, Kansas.
9. The Hearst Castle in California…and The Grand Canyon are amazing.
10. Russians are my favorite writers.
11. I really enjoyed the whole photography experience much more with film.
12. I love/hate digital photography, computers, cell phones, internet etc. etc. etc.
13. I like watching movies. Quite a bit.
14. I like reading very very much.
15. These sorts of lists pretty much drive me up the wall. But I like other peoples.
16. I like coffee.
17. I really really miss smoking lots of cigarettes and may have to start again someday.
18. People who are sure of themselves sort of bore me to tears.
19. I am hopelessly punctual. Almost never ever ever late at all.
20. I had the same first grade teacher that Dick Van Dyke had.
21. I would like to have a two martini lobotomy…a permanent two drink high.
22. I haven’t been in a fist fight since grade school….and that’s just fine with me.
23. I don’t know why I finally decided to write these 25 things.
in the time of apples
in a town by the lake
I took a walk in the woods
and never came back.
there were statues . . .
and maybe I turned
to stone out of boredom,
clueless about how
to get home.
for the muse c.
my head is full of
lava and candles.
I’m the sweet monkey
in the parade at dawn.
I formulate sentences
with nothing to say.
I strike out in
all directions at once.
I’m the ruby resting
on the neck of the Princess.
I’m a box of nothing
in an empty boat.
I’m a shattered chandelier that fell from the ceiling
as you walked up the stairs.
I am everything that is reaching for you
from across the room.
I’m the cat that shows up from
nowhere and disappears.
I am a conundrum inside an enigma
driving a race car on a moebius strip.
The next grapefruit I eat will hopefully be a
I can’t spell my shoe size
and am forever barefoot
shuffling across the silver floor.
like a butterfly in the wind
like a sailboat in a hurricane
I want to begin.
I look for a compass
and imagine a map.
And wonder if it matters
because I could sure use a nap.
I see other hoodwinks.
I hear other distances.
palm open wide. . .
martian landscape above.