how can we see,
that we don’t see,
what we don’t know
words. photos. images. whatnot.
retro response nomenclature sunrise
(surmising what have you)
like an octopus tatsting martinis….
down the street a fire engine goes all sonic and light show…
just because it can
and why not…
except, don’t make a habit of it––
grab the stethoscope and march 2 miles in a circle,
return to where you left from,
it’s called “exercise”. . .
sleepy inside the raindrop very much a universe all it’s own.
25 things about me.
1. I would rather be a dolphin or a whale.
2. I would like to take a road trip in outer space.
3. My first car was a 1955 green Cadillac my grandfather gave to me.
4. My second car was a 1967 blue Electra 225 my grandfather gave to me.
5. My third car was a 1977 white Volkswagon Rabbit.
4. Then a Honda Accord briefly in 1987
5. Then a white Mazda RX-7 for a few years.
6. I love driving cross country.
7. I really enjoyed seeing CarHenge in Alliance, Nebraska.
8. I really enjoyed the OZ Museum in Wamego, Kansas.
9. The Hearst Castle in California…and The Grand Canyon are amazing.
10. Russians are my favorite writers.
11. I really enjoyed the whole photography experience much more with film.
12. I love/hate digital photography, computers, cell phones, internet etc. etc. etc.
13. I like watching movies. Quite a bit.
14. I like reading very very much.
15. These sorts of lists pretty much drive me up the wall. But I like other peoples.
16. I like coffee.
17. I really really miss smoking lots of cigarettes and may have to start again someday.
18. People who are sure of themselves sort of bore me to tears.
19. I am hopelessly punctual. Almost never ever ever late at all.
20. I had the same first grade teacher that Dick Van Dyke had.
21. I would like to have a two martini lobotomy…a permanent two drink high.
22. I haven’t been in a fist fight since grade school….and that’s just fine with me.
23. I don’t know why I finally decided to write these 25 things.
for the muse c.
my head is full of
lava and candles.
I’m the sweet monkey
in the parade at dawn.
I formulate sentences
with nothing to say.
I strike out in
all directions at once.
I’m the ruby resting
on the neck of the Princess.
I’m a box of nothing
in an empty boat.
I’m a shattered chandelier that fell from the ceiling
as you walked up the stairs.
I am everything that is reaching for you
from across the room.
I’m the cat that shows up from
nowhere and disappears.
I am a conundrum inside an enigma
driving a race car on a moebius strip.
The next grapefruit I eat will hopefully be a
I can’t spell my shoe size
and am forever barefoot
shuffling across the silver floor.
Just drinking my head on straight this season and then I’m just trying to keep it together and going straight line quick turnaround quit walking backwards you know I just want you to do big circles you’re going really big circles from the spirals where I’m ever evolving out was a little bit you know then maybe going straight line once in a while because I got to keep my feet moving forward and like I wanted to a lot of things so much energy in a day and I get worn out really fast and then also watching TV and everything goes haywire I just don’t really like watching the TV anymore just leave it outside
diari unui mgeni.
Excuse me miss which way were you talking when you were walking backwards inside my door I’d like to know if you were leaving or coming in because you were moving towards the living room but often backwards like you were leaving then you carried those candlesticks to the bedroom and put on a negligée so I figured you were staying and put on some soft music so we were dancing around on the carpet (cutting-the-rug) a little bit I can’t remember any problems anymore can’t remember.
balderdash horatio jitters out front dancing to the raindrops.
every second syllable is like some leggy filly full of spice and vinegar.
i step out into the moonlight and the howling begins before i’m even thinking.
neighbors close their windows and disconnect thier phones, oh wait, they can’t do that anymore.
the century is changing color like a clear glass of water with a new drop of red ink every 5 minutes.
the trees look sleepy and peaceful wearing the misty morning but they live so long what would i know.
finally something and then something else but once again it is only the beginning of the mystery.